Dallas Borough

“THE HEART OF THE BACK MOUNTAIN”

About Us

Dallas was first settled in 1797.  It was later incorporated as a borough on April 21, 1879, from land entirely within Dallas Township.  The township had been formed in 1817 and was named for Alexander J. Dallas, who was the 6th United States Secretary of the Treasury and the father of George M. Dallas, the vice president of James Polk.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email